Enrolling in Grades 1 – 6
Enrolments are taken throughout the year for year levels 1 – 6. Please contact the school office for further information.
Enrolling for Prep
Prospective families are welcome to visit the school for a tour of our facilities. Tours can be conducted either within a group tour, our school will advise prospective parents of these pre-arranged tour times; or at a mutually convenient time with the school and the prospective family, and include the opportunity to see the school in operation. Please contact the school on (03) 9786 1555 to make an appointment for a tour.
Prep enrolment Information
Prep enrolment commences in the year prior to children starting school. Children enrolling in Victorian schools must turn 5 years old by 30th April in the year of entry and are usually enrolled in the year prior to their commencement (the pre-school/kinder year).
- Skye Primary School provides the opportunity for enrolled pre-schoolers to participate in our ‘Step into Prep’ orientation sessions, beginning early Term 4.
- An Information session for parents of prep children will also be held early November prior to your child commencing school. This will be an opportunity for parents to meet the class teachers and other prep parents, and to also hear information that is important for parents to know in ensuring a smooth start to your child beginning prep at Skye Primary School.
- Prep Transition Sessions begin mid November and occur over a three week period.
Whilst enrolment for prep can be undertaken at any time, we encourage families to enrol as soon as possible to assist the school in forward planning.
How to enrol your child
After a school tour, please supply the following documents when enrolling your child:
- Completed School Enrolment Form
- Copy of the Birth Certificate or Passport
- Copy of the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register or School Age Entry Immunisation Certificate
- Copy of Passport with the Visa Entry details or evidence of Naturalisation or Citizenship if the child was born overseas
Due to the current impact of COVID-19 we are unable to hold school tours in Term 2.
Please email the school for further information regarding enrolment for Prep 2021.
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective families are welcome to visit the school for a tour of our facilities. Tour dates for 2020 are:
(Bookings are essential 9786 1555)
Wednesday 29th July 9.30am
Tuesday 25th August 9.30am or 4.30pm
Monday 14th September 9.30am or 4.30pm
Should you wish to request a personal meeting with the Principal, please contact the school on (03) 9786 1555 to make an appointment.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com